Top 10 Things to Do in Garland
- Shop Til You Drop …. Firewheel Town Center offers some of the biggest names in retail; specialty stores and an eclectic mix of restaurants all in an open-air inviting town center atmosphere. (972) 495-8085
- Gone to the Lake ….Take part in a variety of outdoor recreational activities on Lake Ray Hubbard. Fishing, boating and other water sports are popular on this 21,000 acre lake.
- The Right Stuff .…While at the lake, be sure to visit Bass Pro Shops and get all the right equipment for any outdoor or indoor activity. This location features a giant aquarium, waterfront marina, restaurant and regular workshops. (469) 221-2600
Tee It Up …. Firewheel Golf Park features 63 holes of championship-style golf on three regulation courses. When your game is done, relax with a meal while overlooking the serene beauty surrounding the clubhouse. (972) 205-2795
- Forget all your troubles and go ….Downtown Garland. The collection of locally owned restaurants and shopping make for a friendly atmosphere and do not be surprised if on a weekend night you catch an impromptu jam session on the downtown square.
- History in the Making ….Get a feel for Garland’s history at the Landmark Museum, which displays artifacts of early area settlers. The grounds also feature an antique rail car and restored historical homes. Call to set an appointment (972) 205-2996
- A Hat for Any Occasion ….Stop by the Resistol & Stetson Factory Outlet to purchase a cowboy hat or a fedora all made in Garland and made in Texas. (972) 494-0337
Jump in the Water is Fine …. Enjoy a day of family fun at Hawaiian Falls Waterpark. Featuring thrilling water rides and slides, interactive spray pools and other attractions, the entire family will have a great time. (972) 675-8888
- A Heart for the Arts ….The Patty Granville Arts Center & The Plaza Theatre host numerous musicals, symphonies, stage plays, concerts and other theatrical performances throughout the year. Both are located in downtown Garland. (972) 205-2785
- Back to Nature …. Garland has over 2,300 acres of parkland and 20 miles of trails and natural paths. Visit our parks & preserves for hiking, biking, off-road biking and more. Be sure to stop by the Spring Creek Forest Preserve,