All Aboard The Texas State Railroad
Jul 03, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Exclusive Reasons to Ride!
• Historic Depots
• Unique gift shops in each depot
• Tasty café purchases available at both depot
• Passenger car interiors are historically restored
• The caboose has been fully renovated for an exclusive adult experience
• The Presidential Class ridden by every sitting TX governor since Lyndon B. Johnson, has been restored to a style of grandeur not many have the opportunity to experience today
• Train attendants have a wealth of knowledge to share. The Piney Woods area is rich in TX culture and history
• Texas State Railroad is one of the TOP railroads offering Polar Express each year
During the four-hour excursion, Texas State Railroad travels 25 miles through the scenic Piney Woods. Amidst the backdrop of rolling hills it passes over 24 bridges, sending passengers back to another century where wild forests and tranquil rivers blend with midcentury architecture and vintage transportation.
An essential part of the Texas State Railroad journey is spending time at the Rusk and Palestine depots. Built during the middle of the last century, these edifices are every bit a part of the rail experience as the ride itself. Featuring eye-catching storyboards, overflowing with details about the Texas State Railroad encounter, surrounding communities, pioneer spirit and railroad lore.
Unplug for a tradition that merges comfort and adventure for the whole family on this memorable ride between the quaint East Texas towns of Palestine and Rusk.
Palestine, TX 75801
Cost: $20.00 to $250.00
Attendance: Children and Adults
Reocurrence: Days vary. Check the web site or call for exact dates and prices.
Time: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM