Waco, TX 76701
Dr Pepper Museum in Waco
Downtown Waco is home to the nation’s oldest soft drink- Dr Pepper! The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute is dedicated to telling the history of the soft drink industry. The original Dr Pepper Museum building was built in 1906 and houses three floors of information on not only Dr Pepper, but many other soft drinks. The museum also offers a carefully curated selection of our massive soft drink memorabilia collection. Our exhibits change regularly!
You begin your visit in the original museum building, then you cross the courtyard into the East Wing Building. On your way, there are great photo opportunities including a Dr Pepper Green 1940’s delivery truck, one of the three original neon signs from the Mockingbird Plant in Dallas, and even a hand-painted advertising sign original to the site. Of course the front of the Museum is always a fan favorite for a great photo.
The Emerson Holt - Ted Getterman Gallery just opened to the public over Memorial Day weekend in the historic Kellum & Rotan Grocery Company building built in 1882. Today this building is known as the East Wing Building and is located right across the courtyard from the original Dr Pepper Museum. This building offers brand new exhibits that contribute significantly to the stories of Dr Pepper, 7UP, Big Red, and the history of the soft drink industry we have told for many years.
- The Treasures of the Dr Pepper Museum is a historic vault, which now houses the most valuable and rare pieces in the museum’s collection including a 1940 Orange Crush oil painting done by famous artist Gillette A. Elvgren.
- The Liquid Laboratory offers demonstrations throughout the day feature soda pop science, cooking with Dr Pepper, and various other experiments.
- Make sure you check out Dr Pepper on Wheels. Transportation is a key contributor to the rise of soft drinks. In this exhibit restored beverage wagons and delivery trucks are on display along with promotional objects used by Dr Pepper and other soft drinks.
- The Holt 7Up Beverage Co. Bottling Line is a mock 7Up bottling line running at set times throughout the day giving visitors a glimpse at the bottling process.
- Interactive areas include a spectacular train layout by Board of Directors member Holt Getterman, playscapes, and a kid sized replica of the delivery truck seen in the courtyard.
Make sure you stop at Frosty’s Soda Shop and Peggy Pepper’s Emporium. Frosty’s Soda Shop features the only cold stone in Waco! The shop also offers expanded food items along with Blue Bell ice cream flavors, which we use in our famous floats. Our gift shop, Peggy Pepper’s Emporium, is now offering a whole new selection of your favorite Dr Pepper items. You may visit the gift shop and soda fountain at any time free of charge.
The museum is located two blocks away from Magnolia Market and the famous silos. It is also about half a mile from new restaurants including Torchy’s Tacos and In-N-Out Burger. A wonderful museum combined with a prime location make The Dr Pepper Museum a top attraction in Waco, Texas.
Waco, TX 76701