Top 10 Things to Do in Garland
1. Gone to the Lake …Take part in a variety of outdoor recreational activities on Lake Ray Hubbard. Be sure to visit Bass Pro Shops, which features a 13,000 gallon aquarium, restaurant and live demonstrations while you are shopping for all the right equipment for any outdoor activity. (469) 221-2600
2. Cheers.… Relax and hang out at Lakewood Brewery; visit the taproom, take a tour (Saturdays and Sundays) and sample the handcrafted small batch beers that are full of unique and exciting flavors. (972) 864-2337
3. Forget all your troubles and go ….Downtown Garland. The collection of locally owned restaurants and shopping make for a friendly atmosphere. Do not be surprised if on a Saturday night you catch area banjo guitar musicians in an impromptu entertainment session around the Downtown square.
4. A Hat for Any Occasion ….Stop by the Resistol & Stetson Factory Outlet to purchase a cowboy hat or a fedora all made in Garland and made in Texas. Plant tours are available. (972) 494-0511
5. Tee It Up …. Firewheel Golf Park features 63 holes of championship-style golf on three regulation courses. When your game is done, relax with a meal while overlooking the serene beauty surrounding the clubhouse. (972) 205-2795
6. Shop Til You Drop …. Firewheel Town Center offers some of the biggest names in retail; specialty stores and an eclectic mix of restaurants all in an open-air inviting town center atmosphere. (972) 495-8085
7. Jump in the Water is Fine …. Enjoy a day of family fun at Hawaiian Falls Waterpark, featuring thrilling water rides and slides, interactive spray pools and other attractions. The entire family will have a great time. (972) 675-8888
8. A Heart for the Arts ….The Granville Arts Center & The Plaza Theatre host numerous musicals, symphonies, stage plays, concerts and movies throughout the year. Both are located in Downtown Garland. (972) 205-2780
9. Back to Nature …. Garland has over 2,300 acres of park land and 20 miles of trails and natural paths. Visit our parks & preserves for hiking, biking, off-road biking and more. Be sure to stop by the Spring Creek Forest Preserve, with 300 year old trees and over 650 species of plants and animals.
10. History in the Making ….Get a feel for Garland’s history at the Landmark Museum, which displays artifacts of early area settlers. The grounds also feature an antique rail car and a historical home. Open Saturdays for tours, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (972) 205-2993