Madisonville, TX 77864
Must Do in Madisonville
1. Madisonville comes alive with all things Mushroom on October 18 for the 13th Annual Texas Mushroom Festival. Start the day with the Shiitake 5K Run/Walk around Lake Madison. From 10 am until 5 pm, the downtown square is filled with entertainment, food, Monterey’s mushroom fajitas, and over 200 unique vendors. Enjoy our Grape Stomp, Art and Photography Exhibits, Auto Showcase, Kids Zone, and Quilt Show. Sample Texas Wines while munching on delectable mushroom morsels prepared by regional chefs. Our Biergarten features Texas Craft Beers and live entertainment. www.TexasMushroomFestival.com
Mushroom Fajitas at the The Texas Mushroom Festival
2. For 75 years, the Madisonville Sidewalk Cattlemen’s Association has poked fun at the non-cattlemen who have worn their cowboy boots within the boundaries of Madison County. Unwary boot wearers, unable to prove that they own at least two head of cattle, have been known to partake in a ceremonial dunking in the watering trough on the courthouse lawn. This good humor plays host to a steak dinner and dance, barbeque cook-off, and a dance following the Texas Mushroom Festival.
3. The annual evening Christmas Parade, held the first Saturday in December, starts the holiday season with lighted floats, hot chocolate, music, Santa, and shopping around the town square. www.visitmadisonville.org
4. The always popular Pathway of Light is the recreation of the life of Christ from birth to resurrection through outdoor interactive live. The script is based solely upon the Gospels to provide a basis for the sets, casts, dialogue, and narratives. www.ThePathwayOfLight.com.
5. Lake Madison, nestled in a 246 acre park, offers opportunities to boat, fish, hike, or just relax. www.visitmadisonville.org
6. Visit the downtown square. From antiques to home décor to clothes to custom boots, unique and eclectic boutiques can be found within walking distance
Woodbine Hotel and Restaurant
7. Woodbine Hotel and Restaurant was built in 1904 originally as the Shapira Hotel. That same year, the telephone came to Madisonville and the town's only telephone booth was located at the hotel; this original booth is still there. Enjoy fine food and accommodations. www.WoodbineHotel.com
8. Play a round of golf at the Oak Ridge Country Club for $25 in a beautiful country setting. 936-348-6264
9. Watch how the famous Nettles Country custom stirrups are made. These stirrups are designed to help riders with any problem. Their gift shop is full of western home décor.
10. Visit the Historic Madison County Museum which is open Wednesday through Saturday 10 am until 2 pm. 936-348-5230
11. Buc-ee’s encapsulates the whole Texas “bigger is better”.
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
3307 E Main
3003 E Main
Care Free Inn
3305 E Main
2007 E Main
Home on the Range RV Park
3239 I-45 S
Woodbine Hotel & Restaurant
209 N Madison
The Cabin at Fossil Tree Farm
2449 Cannon Lane
Madisonville, TX 77864