Top 10 Things To Do and See in Amarillo
- Enjoy a cool summer evening at the outdoor musical drama TEXAS, back in Palo Duro Canyon State Park after a three-year absence.
- Fun horseback rides, hike, mountain bike, and camp in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
- Get your kicks on Historic Route 66. Try lunch at the Golden Light Cafe, catch an art exhibit with a cup of coffee at Cafe 806 or maybe a sweet visit to Cowboy Gelato. Browse a mile of shops, restaurants, and clubs along Sixth between Georgia and Western Sts.
- Want a chuck wagon cooked meal? Give River Breaks Ranch a call. They cater to groups but may have an opening or two for an authentic breakfast or dinner.
- Visit the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum. With more than 3 million artifacts, it's The Smithsonian with a Texas accent!
- Let the Native American spirit wash over you at the Kwahadi Museum of the American Indian and a performance of the Kwahadi Indian Dancers.
- The Big Texan Steak Ranch- big steak or not, it's a one of a kind experience and is now home to the Big Texan Brewery.
- Amarillo's Wonderland Amusement Park is all that you remember in an amusement park; great size, great prices and lots of fun.
- Learn about the horse that helped settle the West, and continues as the nation's most popular equine breed, at the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum.
- Share the quirkiness of Cadillac Ranch, a public art statement that is known around the world. Located on the south side of Interstate 40 at the Arnot Rd. exit.