There’s so much to do, see and experience in Grapevine!
Here’s just a few of some of the fun you’ll find on your next visit:
1. Grapevine Vintage Railroad: Ride the rails on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad! The 1920s-style coaches will take you back in time as you travel along the historic Cotton Belt route. Most weekends throughout the year, excursions include fun runs or traveling to the Fort Worth Stockyards. A variety of special events include North Pole Express, the Jazz Wine Trains, Christmas Wine Trains and Day Out With Thomas™.
|Grapevine Vintage Railroad|
2. The Grapevine Glockenspiel featuring the Would-Be Train Robbers, Nat Barrett and Willy Majors: Grapevine recently dedicated its’ brand new 127-foot-high Clock Tower Glockenspiel featuring two 9-foot tall Glockenspiel characters, known as the Would-Be Train Robbers, Nat Barrett and Willy Majors. Located 75-feet in the air, these figures emerge several times each day at noon, 3 p.m., 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., to attempt the perfect heist and learn that crime just doesn’t pay!
3. Grapevine’s Urban Wine Trail: As the home to the Texas Wine Industry (Texas is the 5th largest wine producing state in the U.S.), Grapevine is home to a variety of winery tasting rooms. The love of the fruit of the vine can also be celebrated aboard the Grapevine Wine Tours, an urban wineries and tasting room daily excursion offering lunch or dinner tours daily.
4. Family-Friendly Grapevine: Grapevine is the place to be for family-friendly fun! Visit LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium at Grapevine Mills mall. Stay at the largest indoor waterpark in Texas at Great Wolf Lodge or explore Paradise Springs at Gaylord Texan Resort. Plus, a variety of events have family-friendly activities year-round.
5. Dining: Who’s hungry? In Grapevine, you’ll find more than 200 restaurants from Tex-Mex to American classics to Asian and everything in between. Stop off for some chicken fried steak or satisfy your sweet tooth at some of the most unique local dining spots in the state.
6. Shopping: Shop ‘til you drop in Grapevine! Enjoy the shops, boutiques, jewelry stores and more in Historic Downtown Grapevine. Shop for bargains and great deals in the 1.6 million square feet of shopping euphoria of Grapevine Mills mall. Celebrate the outdoors at Bass Pro Shops. And don’t miss traditional shopping favorites at Grapevine Towne Center.
7. Art in the Heart of Grapevine: You’ll want to check out all the amazing art you’ll find in this charming city! From museums that tell the history of Grapevine to the Public Art Trail to new and recently opened galleries, Grapevine will inspire your artistic dreams. And don’t miss the fine art working studios on the southern end of Main Street.
8. Festivals and Events: Grapevine is the number one festivals and events destination in Texas. Known as a leader in festivals and events and officially recognized as a World Festival & Events City by the International Festival & Events Association, Grapevine’s annual events include GrapeFest® September, Christmas Capital of Texas®, and Main Street Days (May). A variety of additional events are also held each year.
9. Live entertainment: Most weekends throughout the year, Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre is home to The Grapevine Opry Show, featuring some of the best musical talent in North Texas as well as a variety of concerts, performances, classic movies and more. Many Grapevine restaurants also feature live entertainment each week.
|Delaney Vineyards Winery and Tasting Room|
10. Love the outdoors: Whether you’re looking for fun on the water at Lake Grapevine or fun on the greens playing some of the best championship golf courses in Texas, Grapevine is the place to celebrate the outdoors.