Other things to do in Livingston-Polk County, Texas
- Variety of smaller, hometown events for July 4th and Christmas. Contact 936-398-4126 for information.
- Assorted fishing tournaments and lake events throughout the year. Contact the Chamber or “Experience Lake Livingston” at 936-646-3124 or www.ExperienceLakeLivingston.com .
- Variety of special events throughout the year, including: a Leprechaun Leap, Easter Egg Hunt, and July 4th Boat Parade (Fireworks over the Lake).
Local History --- Visit the Polk County Museum and Heritage Park for a glimpse into the rich and varied heritage/culture that makes Polk County unique.
- Variety of historic buildings, cemeteries and churches throughout the county for the history buffs to explore.
- Historic downtown Livingston --- Texas Main Street City featuring historic restored buildings, including the courthouse and square, along with the oldest continuously operating movie theater in Texas. Explore the Livingston downtown area.
All the Extra’s!!!
Shopping and dining opportunities abound …….
- from quaint mom and pop shops to outlet shopping, it can be found.
- take time to sample the unique tastes of East Texas --- from award winning BBQ to small cafes and diners.
- watch a sunset over Lake Livingston while you relax and enjoy a drink or a meal.
Visit Polk County and the surrounding area!