Bulverde, TX 78163
Things To Do at Tejas Rodeo
1. Watch the Bull Riding - this is the real deal, cowboy versus beast. These guys train for this, and compete against themselves and other professionals from across the state (and even country) to the best they can be. Its action packed, exciting, and a true show of western sportsman ship.
2. Eat a KC Steak - other than Rodeo; it’s what we’re known for! Our KC steaks are hand cut medallions of premium (Texas born and raised) Akaushi beef, slathered in our special rub and pan seared to melt in your mouth perfection. We recommend the Chili Pepper Mac N’ Cheese or fresh green beans as a side.
3. Get your Gear - the Tejas Rodeo Company Store is chalk full of new 2015 Tejas apparel and souvenirs. Whether you’re local, or just passing through, nothing says rodeo like a “Keep Bulverde Dirty” tee, a HOOey brand cap, or a can of our special seasoning to take home.
4. Don’t Miss the Mutton Bustin’ - a crowd favorite, watching these kiddos suit up and ride sheep like real cowboys and cowgirls will make anyone smile. It’s safe and tons of fun, so bring your kiddos to sign up, or just come watch the show!
5. Hitch a Ride in the Chuck Wagon - Get a view from inside the arena! Towards the middle of the rodeo performance, one of our very own cowboys, Trey Martin, makes a speedy trip through the arena in an authentic Chuck Wagon, drawn by matching ponies, and surrounded by Long Horns. He’s got an extra seat beside him, and would love to take you along! We do this as a tribute to the old West, and to the men, women, and animals, that make up the great sport of rodeo we love so much.
6. Try the Smokehouse Meats - slow cooked to fork tenderness, and full of Texas barbecue flavor, trying the pulled pork, brisket, smoked chicken or burgers is must when visiting Tejas Rodeo
7. Learn to Two-Step - Don your boots and come kick up your heels. We’ve got live music from great local bands every Saturday night after the rodeo, starting around 9pm. Come show off your dancing skills, or grab a cowboy to teach you. Nothing says Texas like two-stepping’ under the stars!
8. Take a Picture with our “Horse Seats” - These whimsical bar seats always make for a good time, and an even better picture!
9. Ride a Bull! - or make everyone back home think you did, by hopping up on our Photo Bull for a picture with friends, or- if you’re feeling more brave- take a spin on the mechanical bull for some real bucking action.
10. Get your Boots Shined - Step into the swinging doors and take a seat; we’ll make you feel like you’re in the old west and your boots look like new- FOR FREE!
Bulverde, TX 78163