Waxahachie, TX 75167
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
April 4 – May 25, 2020
39th Annual Scarborough Renaissance Festival®
Featured on Travel Channel, Food Network, NBC, CNN, Lifetime Network
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is sponsored by Dr Pepper, Tom Thumb, Albertsons, and Waxahachie Nissan
Just 30 minutes south of Downtown Dallas & Ft.Worth off I-35E in Waxahachie.
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is interactive fun for everyone, 16th Century style! Here you will discover our 35-acre recreation of an English village celebrating the visit of King Henry VIII and his beloved wife, Catherine of Aragon and their guests to the “Village of Scarborough” with a festival of entertainment, artisans, food, magic and merriment!
Enjoy full combat jousting and birds of prey exhibitions; a Mermaid Lagoon, 25+ stages of non-stop Renaissance entertainment and our performing company of over 150. Discover 200 shoppes of exquisite crafts and amazing artisan demonstrations. Experience Knighting Ceremonies, combat competitions, a Grande Parade, Renaissance rides, games of skill and so much more.
Feast on food & drink fit for a king with 5 food court areas including the Village Bakery, Pasta Palace, our famous giant roasted Turkey Legs and the largest food-on-a-stick selection in Texas. There is also a full service restaurant and 12 pubs & taverns. For the more discerning tastes there are daily wine and beer tasting events as well.
Each weekend also has a different theme and a variety of special events.
2019 Themed Weekends & Special Events
April 6 & 7: Time Traveler’s Weekend/Opening Weekend
- Kid’s 12 & Under Free/Seniors Half Price
- Time Traveler’s costume contests
April 13 & 14: Artisan’s Showcase Weekend
- Showcase of Scarborough’s wide variety of artisans and works of art plus, best in Show contest and Artisan’s Scavenger Hunt and Shop & Win activities
April 20 & 21: Celtic Weekend / Easter Celebration
- Celtic themed activities, contests & performances throughout the weekend plus Special Easter Service & Celebration on Sunday
April 27 &28: Royal Ale Festival / Spring Celebration
- Ale Festival Tasting event 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm each day – sampling a wide variety of beer while enjoying a variety of entertainment and tasty snacks. Separate ticketed event $10 per person. Must be 21 or older to participate
- Stein holding contest and Keg Tapping Event with Franconia Brewing
April 27: Deaf Day
- Special signed performances throughout the Festival provided by Hired Hands, Inc.
May 4 & 5: Legends of the Seas Weekend
- It’s a yo-ho-ho of a weekend celebrating those legends of the seas – Mermaids & Pirates! Costume contests plus a Pirate initiation ceremony each day!
May 11 & 12: Celebrating Chivalry Weekend
- Mother’s Day Brunch, Vow Renewal Ceremony, Chivalry Lessons from the Scarborough Knights and more!
May 18 & 19: Live the Fantasy Weekend
- Adult & children’s costume contests each day plus a children’s fairy initiation ceremony
- Keg Tapping event with Franconia Brewing
May 25, 26 & 27: The Last Huzzah
- All new Scarborough Games throughout the weekend!
- Final Weekend Celebrations plus Veterans Parade & Fallen Hero’s Memorial Tribute on Memorial Day, May 27th
2019 Daily Special Events
Wine Tasting Events (must be 21 to attend)
- 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm every day at the Cat & Fiddle Vinery. One hour wine tasting experience conducted by Scarborough’s certified Sommelier. Includes specially paired fruit and cheese plate and souvenir wine glass. $30 per person.
Beer Tasting Events (must be 21 to attend)
- 12 noon and 3:00 pm every day at the Village Green (new location). One hour beer tasting experience conducted by Scarborough’s certified Cicerone. Includes specially paired fruit & cheese plate and souvenir glass. $30 per person.
- 1:00 pm each day. Villagers, artisans, nobles and knights join together for an extravagant march through the Village of Scarborough. See banners held high and even catch a glimpse of Their Majesties – King Henry VIII and Queen Catherine!
Children’s Knighting Ceremonies
- Each Day Children of all ages are invited to be presented to Their Majesties to be recognized for acts of courage and deeds of meritorious service. One on each side of the Festival. Each participant receives a seal that names them a protector of the Realm. Included with general admission.
Waxahachie, TX 75167