Top 10 Things To Do in Bastrop County
- Meander along our Main Streets! Bastrop, Smithville and Elgin all have charming Main Streets with unique art galleries, artist studios and boutiques for great shopping, and delicious restaurants to satisfy every appetite.
- Be inspired by beautiful artwork. Bastrop County has a unique and vibrant art community. In fact, the cities of Bastrop and Smithville are two of only 26 cities to win a Cultural Arts District designation from the Texas Commission on the Arts.
- Dine at fun and tasty eateries. Our county boasts several award-winning restaurants including one of the best barbecue restaurants in the country. Did you know that two of our award-winning restaurants have been featured in Texas Monthly Magazine? Find out why!
- Make a splash! Come enjoy some outdoor fun on the Colorado River or Lake Bastrop while kayaking, canoeing, swimming or paddleboarding. If you like water, you’ll love our rivers, lakes and waterways.
- Play in the parks. Have some fun in the sun and hike one of our abundant parks including two state parks, a top ranked fishing lake and a dynamic nature center.
- Hit the links! Play a round or two of golf at one of our challenging courses including the #1 Hidden Gem Course in Texas.
- Sample our special vintages. The rolling hills of Bastrop County creates some of the best tasting wine and spirits, so spend the day touring our wineries and distilleries. Raise a glass at the end of the day, as you taste our many varieties.
- Explore our history. Known as the “Historic Triangle,” Bastrop, Elgin and Smithville were voted three of the most historic small towns in Texas. Step back into the past in our historic cemeteries, neighborhoods, museums and courthouse.
- Rest and relax. Throughout the county, you will find a variety of accommodations to suit every taste and budget. From Bed and Breakfasts to the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, and everything in between, we have you covered.
- See even more online! Check out ExploreBastrop.com for our seasonal events, more great attractions and touring plans that will inspire, entertain and invigorate you!