Waco, TX 76707
Cameron Park Zoo
Cameron Park Zoo. More than 1,700 animals, representing more than 300 species, live within the zoo’s 52 acres of beautiful habitats surrounded by native vegetation and waterfalls. Gibbons, eagles, elephants, giraffes, black bears, orangutans, komodo dragons, and big cats are only a few of the exotic animals you'll see at this beautiful zoo in Waco.Inside Waco’s Cameron Park, and adjacent to the Brazos River, you'll find a place where the wild things are:
Cameron Park Zoo is acclaimed for its lush, carefully planned landscapes that allow visitors close-up views of exotic animals. The zoo's exhibits take each visitor on an exciting journey around the world, from arid deserts to the wettest of rainforests.
- Step into the Brazos River Country exhibit and explore the biodiversity of Texas. Begin your journey in an indoor 50,000 gallon flower garden reef marine aquarium designed to look like an excavated Spanish galleon. The Brazos River Country Exhibit features and teaches the importance of native species and the history of the Brazos River Basin. Encounter animals native to Texas, such as cougars, black bears, jaguars, ocelots, coyotes, and bison. The Otter Mill features river otters where children enjoy sliding down an acrylic tube as the otters swim around them.
- Go island hopping and explore Gibbon Island and Lemur Island and watch these entertaining primates play and communicate.
- Take a safari across the African Savanna, where you'll encounter lions, giraffes, elephants, white rhinos, and meerkats.
- Continue your travels to the Asian Forest exhibit, where the habitat replicates the abandoned Angkor Wat temple inhabited by komodo dragons and orangutans. The Asian Forest is also home to Sumatran tigers and a spectacular waterfall.
- Slither over to the Herpetarium and get cozy with the snakes, reptiles, and amphibians that inhabit rainforests and deserts.
- Visit the South America exhibit and see capybara, sun conures, king vultures, squirrel monkeys, giant Galapagos tortoises, scarlet ibis and other South American animals.
The zoo has play areas, two cafes, and the Zootique Gift Shop. One of the play areas has a splash pad for kids to get wet and is opened Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Cameron Park Zoo combines education and conservation with entertainment and fun. It's no wonder it's one of the top things to do in Waco.
Waco, TX 76707