Chambers Wild | Top Ten Things to experience in the Wild Side of Chambers County
1. Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge and its two Visitors Centers
2. US Fish & Games’ Wallisville Project destinations, which include Lake Charlotte, Cypress Wonderland, The Trinity River Rookery, JJ Mays Trace and the Trinity River Island Recreational Center
3. A bundle of some of the nicest County Parks in the state – with camping, picnicking and water access, plus the TPWD Candy Abshier Wildlife Management Area.
4. Nature loving, outdoor celebrations year round – county wide
5. Alligator spotting! There are more alligators than people living in Chambers County.
6. Hunt for geese in the wetlands of a refuge, or an historic rice field
7. Paddling in one of the popular swamps, bayous or bays
8. Bird in one of the top destinations on the Texas coast
9. Catching a record Flounder in Trinity Bay
10. Visit historic sites of the first “rebellions” that began the revolution for Texas Independence