Baby Back Ribs With Peach Barbecue Sauce
- 2 racks baby back ribs or spareribs
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
***Peach Barbecue Sauce***
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (more or less depending on your taste)
Juicy Texas peaches mix with cayenne pepper for the perfect mix of sweet and heat on your ribs.
- Wash ribs and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange the ribs, meaty side up, in a large foil-lined roasting pan or other large baking pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the ribs at 350° for 1 hour, turning about halfway through the cooking time.
- Turn the ribs back to meaty side up and brush about half of the sauce (directions below) over the ribs.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and reduce heat to 250°.
- Continue baking for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer.
- Can also be finished on your outdoor grill.
- Heat the remaining sauce and serve with ribs.
- For sauce, combine ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mash with a fork or blend lightly with immersion blender, or pulse a few times in a tabletop blender.
Makes about 2 to 2 1/4 cups.
Servings: Serves 4 to 6