Grilled Rack of Lamb
Courtesy of Executive Chef Soren Pedersen of Sorrel Urban Bistro
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 cup fresh assorted herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Place herbs, oil, salt and pepper in blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the herb oil over the lamb and marinate for at least 2 hours. Place on grill at high heat and sear the rack on all sides.
- Finish in oven at 425°, until desired temperature.
For the Roasted Potato:
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toss one Yukon Gold potato, cut in wedges, with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in baking pan at 350° until tender and golden.
For the demi-glace:
- 3 pounds assorted veal bones
- 3/4 pound veal leg bone
- 1/2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red Burgundy wine
- 1 bouquet fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red currants
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread bones, carrot, onion and celery on rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing several times, until vegetables and bones have begun to take on color, about 1 hour.
- Transfer roasted vegetables and bones to stock pot. Add wine and 2 quarts (8 cups) water and thyme and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently until reduced to a one-quarter, about 2 hours. Strain and reserve stock.
- Place stock and dried red currants in pot and reduce until sauce consistency. Stir in a few small pieces of diced cold butter before serving.