Grilled Stuffed Filet Mignon
Courtesy of Ray's Grill
- 2 filets mignon
- 1 cup fresh assorted herbs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ounces Maytag blue cheese
- 1 onion, carmelized
- To caramelize the onion, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Add sliced onion and simmer until onion is soft.
- For filet mignon, place herbs, remaining oil, salt and pepper in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Make an incision in the center of the filet and stuff it with blue cheese and onion.
- Pour the herb mixture over the filet mignon and marinate for about 2 hours.
- Heat a skillet to high heat and sear the filet on all sides.
- Finish in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes.
For the red wine reduction:
- 1/2 bottle of red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sea salt
- 4 ounces butter
- In a sauce pan over low heat, reduce wine to one-quarter with cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir in butter and simmer until it reaches a sauce-like consistency.
- When the sauce is ready, add sea salt to taste.
Servings: Makes 2 servings